eWorld.UI - Matt Hawley

Ramblings of Matt

My First Bug Stopped by TDD

December 19, 2004 06:48 by matthaw

So I’m working on a side job, and I’ve been using the great & wonderful Test Driven .NET, but thats not the point of this post. What the point is, is that for the first time since I’ve started doing TDD (which – I might add, is very short), running my tests proved to me that a bug existed in code as I modified it. Yes, thats right – 3 tests failed, so I spent about an hour digging down in my buisness logic to try and find out why. Alas, I finally did find out why, and it was because of a change I had made.

Thank you TDD, it stopped a bug that I probably wouldn’t have noticed from being deployed and my client seeing!



Categories: .NET
Actions: E-mail | Permalink | Comments (1) | Comment RSSRSS comment feed

Comments

December 19. 2004 22:11

Test Driven .NET is da bomb!

blameMike

Comments are closed

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 , Excentrics World